Our Improv Lab for Sprints introduces the essential improv games that should be in every sprinter’s toolkit.
When you hear the term improv, you may think of stand-up comedy or ice-breakers. But by incorporating short, focused improv games into sprints, you can build trust and flexibility, foster comfort with ambiguity, and spark a generative mindset.
Whether you work for a large, established institution or a scrappy start-up, it’s likely that you and your colleagues will need to adapt, communicate, and collaborate in order to run a successful design sprint. The improv games and mindsets that we teach give you the skills to do this effectively.
In this low-stakes, high-fun session, we share and play improv games, debrief the games, and discuss how your team can use them to enhance the sprint process.
Offered as 2-hour, 1/2 day, and 1 day sessions.
Ready to supercharge your sprints with improv?
Who is it for?
- Team members who are looking for novel, fun, and innovative approaches to group facilitation
- Individual contributors who want to build specific skills and mindsets during sprints, meetings, and workshops
- Experienced sprint facilitators who want to take their facilitation to the next level
- No prior improv or theater experience is necessary
- Enhanced team communication and focus
- Amplified team creativity and divergent thinking
- Improved team agility
- Elevated team energy and excitement
- Increased team confidence in leading and playing games in future design sprints
Dana brought passion, knowledge & creativity to the workshop. She understood our needs and culture, and challenged us in creative ways. We continue to use the tools and techniques to innovate at Atlassian.
What a wonderful and transformative session! It revolutionized how I will approach all future projects. Dana is an authentic, engaging, and effective presenter, and she perfectly balanced active learning with lecturing.
Your organization NEEDS Dana. Her studied Design Thinking approach, blended with her expertise from years in the field, give her rare insight as a mentor, coach and leader. Your work will never be the same.
There was a buzz of excitement after our workshop. The facilitators’ knowledge and passion, combined with how they put it into action …. changed the way we’ll think about approaching and solving problems.