In our virtual/remote and in-person introductory workshops, we ground your team in the essential skills and mindsets of design thinking and foster team building and collaboration. We’ll lead the group through a full design cycle with a pre-assigned, hypothetical problem or “design challenge” as they learn and apply the design thinking process.
Our most popular offering, the workshop allows participants to learn, apply, and socialize design thinking in a supportive environment.
Offered as 1/2 day or 1-day sessions.
Who is it for?
- Executives who want to promote a customer-focused mindset in their organization
- Managers looking for a practical toolkit for building empathy and fostering creativity
- Individual contributors stuck doing things the same old way and seeking a fresh, “out-of-the-box” approach
- An understanding of the important role that empathy plays in the development of products, services, and experiences
- Experience conducting interviews with users to successfully uncover goals and motivations
- Familiarity with synthesis tools for translating research into actionable insights
- Practice building rapid, lo-fidelity prototypes
- Proven approaches and tools for complex business problems
- Increased team collaboration
Let’s start planning your workshop.
Dana’s workshop was excellent — engaging, well facilitated, and relevant. She brought a high-level of content expertise with credibility and a great teaching style. It was a highlight of the program.
Dana and team mindfully created the conditions for knowledge-sharing and community-building while skillfully coaching the group through testing assumptions, learning through the act of making, taking risks, and experimenting.
I’ve attended two workshops with Designing Insights. They were both extremely well organized, facilitated, and fun! Each session created space for us to lay aside institutional concerns … and (see) through visitors’ and users’ eyes.
The workshop Designing Insights developed and facilitated was a game-changer. Thanks for one of the most meaningful professional experiences I’ve had in a long time.